COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL TECHNIQUES
The system of priorities:
Fascia is a full body sensory network that connects all of these systems; in other words, there is a fascia for EVERY part of the body.
What this means that a back spasm can be caused by organ dysfunction ("Viscero-somatic"), emotional trauma ("Psycho-Somatic"), and not just a musculoskeletal imbalance itself. The reverse is true too - that emotional imbalances can be due to organ/gland imbalances (i.e gut dysbiosis) or musculo-skeletal (poor posture disrupting the Autonomic Nervous System).
The tenets of modern Osteopathy:
- The rule of the artery is absolute
- The body has the capacity to auto-normalize
- Body functions as a global unit
- The body follows the rule of complexity
- Structure dictates function (but there is a synergy).